WingSurfing ركوب الأمواج
- Duration: 120 Minutes
- Product code: WingSurfing
BLUE PEARL IS STOKED TO INTRODUCE A NEW WATERSPORT TO QATAR
Wingsurfing, Windgliding, Wingding, Wingsports or what ever you want to call it is a cross between kiteboarding, windsurfing, surfing and paddleboarding.
Combine a Handheld Wing with a specialise designed Stand Up Paddleboard and you get an incredibly rewarding new sport that you can propel oneself on the water using the power of wind
If you’re new to Windsports, Wingsurfing is easier, safer and more user-friendly than any of its predecessors, and if you’re an experienced wind junkie, it’s a fun and simplistic style of riding you’ll enjoy instantly. The Wingsurfer is a light weight inflatable wing that has a rigid frame when pumped up and can be packed in a small bag when deflated.
No harness, control bar, lines, mast, boom or battens needed. It’s designed to be used with a foil or paddle board with enough volume for the rider to stand on and can also be used with snow sports or skating.
Exact Location and Timing:
- Zecreet or Furwait Based on Tides and Wind Speed, Location To Be Confirmed two days before the lesson, phone message will be sent by instructor confirming location and timing of lesson.
- Transportation to location is not included, this is to be organised by the participants individually.
Although it’s not necessary, some prior board or sailing experience will certainly making learning easier.
Ability to swim 50 metres.
Maximum size of the class will be 3 persons, all will receive own equipment for use.
recovery time is planned between downwind runs and reflection/ feedback time with the instructor at the end of each run.
Book a 2 hour private session 1-on-1 at a fee of QAR 1400 by emailing email@example.com
- Learn the Wingsurfing Components.
- Learn Wing Safety.
- Learn Wind Direction. An important lesson in any wind sport, including Wing Surfing, is knowing the direction of the wind and how to channel it to your advantage. Once you become proficient in knowing the wind direction you will quickly excel at Wing Surfing.
- Become comfortable in both “goofy” and “regular” stances.
- Learn to Fly a hand held inflatable wing
- Work on getting to your feet while flying the wing
- Working going upwind and hitting jibe transitions
- Self Rescue of the Wing and Board
Suggested items to bring with you on the day of your lesson:
4. Booties (water shoes, important for Zecreet to protect feet)
6. Wetsuit (if needed winter only)
Blue Pearl Provides
2) PFD (Flotation Vest)
3) WING & BOARD